Frontier Biotics II is designed to address both of these essential aspects of gut health. This non-dairy product is formulated from an all-natural source of beneficial microorganisms that populate the GI tract. The human intestines harbor between 300 and 1000 different species of flora. Some people estimate that there are between one hundred billion and one trillion bacteria per gram of colonic content in the large intestine. That means there are 10 times more bacteria in our intestines than there are cells in the human body.
Overall health, and especially immune system health, begins in the digestive tract. Poor digestion compromises the entire body.
- Lactobacillus acidophilus (La-14): Well-suited for intestinal survival, strong adhesion to the intestinal wall, enhances immune regulation, inhibits common pathogens.
- Bifidobacterium lactis (Bl-04): High tolerance to survival in intestinal conditions, strong adhesion to the intestinal wall, maintains and rapidly restores microbiota after antibiotic therapy, improves immune response, may reduce inflammation.
- Bifidobacterium longum (Bl-05) and Bifidobacterium breve (Bb-03: Discovered in 1899 in the feces of breastfed infants, these two microbes are the most abundant species in the intestines of nursing babies. They adhere well to the intestinal wall and survive both stomach acid and gall bladder bile.
- Lactobacillus plantarum (Lp-115): This microbe is found in naturally fermented plant-based foods like olives, sauerkraut, and kimchi. It is used as a starter in sourdough bread, meat products, and wine. This microbe modulates the immune system and fights disease-causing pathogens.
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus (Lr-32): Like the others, this microbe is well suited for survival in intestines and adherence to the intestinal wall. This species has anti-inflammatory and immune regulatory effects.
- Lactobacillus casei (Lc-11): Found naturally in fermented meat, milk, and vegetables, this strain is used as a starter to culture in fermented food products. This strain inhibits common pathogenic bacteria, is highly tolerant of acid and bile thus survives well in the human intestinal tract.
- Lactobacillus salivarius (Ls-33): This species inhabits both the intestinal tract and the urogenital area. It modulates inflammation and perhaps helping in colitis. It also inhibits common pathogens and is well-suited for intestinal survival.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings Per Container: 180
Amount Per Serving
- Probiotic Bacteria Complex 6 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus acidophilus (La-14) 3 Billion
- Bifidobacterium lactis (Bl-04) 1 Billion
- Bifidobacterium longum (Bl-05) 0.25 Billion
- Bifidobacterium bifidum (Bb-06) 0.25 Billion
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus (Lr-32) 0.25 Billion
- Lactobacillus gasseri (Lg-36) 0.25 Billion
- Lactobacillus casei (Lc-11) 0.25 Billion
- Lactobacillus salivarius (Ls-33) 0.25 Billion
- Bifidobacterium breve (Bb-03) 0.25 Billion
- Lactobacillus plantarum (Lp-115) 0.25 Billion
Other Ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable capsule, magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide.
Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule at bedtime.
Caution: If you are pregnant or nursing, consult your health care practitioner before taking this product.